Lemon and Baking Soda Shower Scrub


Just ask my husband. Cleaning the shower is probably my least favorite chore. What has been really frustrating is that I couldn't actually get the shower floor clean unless I used a toxic chemical solution like Comet or Soft Scrub. Well, until recently, that is. You would just laugh if you saw how excited and relieved I was to find out that a couple of ingredients mixed together was just as effective at making my shower fresh and super clean. 

Baking soda and lemon essential oil will change the way you clean. Here's the thing. I've tried using this combo quite a few years ago in the shower, but with poor results. I think I figured out why: timing and quality. 

First, rinse the surface with water. For best results, you'll need to sprinkle, or maybe dump, baking soda mixed with Young Living Lemon essential oil all over the area to be cleaned. Then let the mixture set for a while. Using a wet sponge or cloth, rub the paste that formed all over the mess and then rinse. You will have a clean and toxic-free shower or bath to enjoy!

When I tried this in the past, I used lemon essential oil I bought at a wholesome grocery store and scrubbed with the baking soda right after I sprinkled it in the bath. The new combination of letting the mixture soak in along with applying pure and potent essential oils does the trick!

You can make up the mixture in a small jar so that you can just sprinkle it on, tend to something else for a while, and then come back and scrub the grime away naturally. I recommend 1/4 cup baking soda and 10 drops YL Lemon essential oil. 

I just can't bring myself to show you the before and after pictures. Well, it's really the Before pictures that would do you in. Just trust me that this mixture will tear your mold, soap scum, and gross stuff to pieces. 

I'd love to hear about your success with this natural cleaner. Let me know how it turns out!

Comments