Oatmeal Peanut Butter Easter Eggs

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Gluten free Easter Eggs
I was doing the happy dance when I found this recipe for a fun Easter snack. I was ecstatic when I actually made it. And here's why I'm passing it along to you. It's easy, gluten free, and delicious. I make a lot of treats. More treats than dinners. Not all of them are good or easy or inexpensive. This one met all of the criteria for sharing, and it looks so festive and pretty! I think I originally found the recipe on Pinterest. A shout out to Shundara and her blog Savvy Naturalista for the inspiration. 
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Gluten free Oatmeal Eggs

Ingredients for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Easter Eggs:
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
3 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 tablespoons almond milk
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1/4 cup carob or chocolate chips
Sprinkles
plastic eggs

Directions: Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl add maple syrup, vanilla, milk and peanut butter. Stir until mixture is combined. Next add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Add chocolate chips and sprinkles after the dough is formed. Place mixture in eggs and set in fridge for one hour. This batch filled 12 regular sized Easter eggs. 
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Gluten free Oatmeal Peanut Butter treats
My husband has been putting powdered peanut butter in his smoothies, so I had that already in the pantry. The eggs were ready after an hour. I wouldn't leave them in the eggs any longer. I'm just funny with the dough next to the plastic. 

This is a great activity to do with kids, and the eggs provide a reason to talk about the true meaning of Easter with your family. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. I'd love to see and hear how your Oatmeal and Peanut Butter Eggs turn out! Post pix below if you have them!

Comments

  1. These look great! Going to try it with our protein powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul and Haley, let me know how your treats turn out!

      Delete

Post a Comment