Is Jesus a Zombie?

Jesus is alive. We hear that a lot around Easter. I've heard it in the Christian community since I decided to follow Jesus while in Honduras. I can remember going to Mass in a pretty and pastel dress growing up in Ohio and celebrating the undeath of Jesus. But, I have to admit that I really didn't grasp what the phrase meant until a handful of years ago. 
Beauty begins with biscotti: Jesus is Alive!
I have never seen someone come back from the dead, except in the few episodes of TWD I got sucked into. I've never even seen anyone die before me. Believing that someone can actually live after dying is so incredibly hard to do. I mean, you have to suspend all logic and scientific reasoning to even fathom it. But, then again, that's exactly the thinking that is needed in order to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Christianity just doesn't make sense.

I loved Easter when my boys were little. Coordinating outfits, baskets filled with colored orbs and candy, dying eggs, and of course, The Hunt. The boys' coloring pictures showed the stone rolled away and Jesus and his robe floating on cumulus clouds. It was just a story then, an incredible and inconceivable legend. But, I was a confessed Christian, so I just believed it and passed along the miracle to my boys. 
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Is Jesus a Zombie?
Here's when it all changed for me. I decided to believe God and not JUST believe in God. I decided to trust God and allow Him to infiltrate every cell of my body. I went all in, Jesus or bust. Then things got weird. I operated outside of my comfort zone for a few years. Making God a priority meant that all things changed for me. I began to pursue the Lord, respect and love my husband, make time for my kids, develop and nurture friendships, trade bitterness and anger for forgiveness, and embrace my gifts and talents. 

Jesus showed himself to me. Not literally, but through the words of the Bible, through prayer, through people, through the Holy Spirit, through his sacrifice on the cross, and many other experiences that are hard to put into words. 
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Jesus is Alive!
I understand the love and power that Jesus offers more now than I did when my boys were young, although, I don't understand it fully. I wish I could have tapped into that knowledge and power sooner in my life, but I didn't, and that's okay. And that's where you come in. It's my fervent prayer that as you are reading this, you allow the Creator of this world to love on you and to show you that He Is Risen! He's alive in your life right now and he loves you with all of his heart and he has wonderful plans for you. Thank you, Lord!

Comments