Coming Clean

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Coming Clean

We just celebrated the most holy day of the Christian calendar year in bright colors, poised beside lilies and baskets. We proclaimed "Jesus is Risen! and He is alive!” And now it’s time to return to our busy lives and begin planning for the late spring with its holidays and celebrations. Or is there something more to the holiday of Easter? Did I miss something?

Can I be honest about something? It’s easier to write about living life as a Christian woman than it is actually living life as a Christian woman. 

Think about this for a moment. God raised Jesus from the dead after he was in a cave for three days! That is incredible in the sense that it is really hard to believe! And written records show that he wasn’t even a zombie. He ate and hung out with his friends. He came back to life, walked around for about month, and then joined God in heaven. That’s crazy.

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Resurrection Power

What’s just as crazy is that the same power that God used to resurrect Jesus and bring him to Heaven is in me and it’s in you! This is true if you have chosen to follow Jesus. But, I have to tell you that I don’t feel supernatural. I don’t feel all powerful. In fact, not even a week after Easter I feel stressed and worried and my mind is racing to find answers to real problems. 

I’ve loaded up with reinforcements cause God doesn’t expect us girls to do this alone. I’ve called on a few close friends to pray for me. I’ve had to again make myself vulnerable and relinquish my pride and admit that I don’t have all the answers. Prayer is a powerful force. I’ve also thought upon the mountains God has crumbled before me and praised Him for his past miracles. Meditating on personal scripture throughout the day helps me to bend my thoughts toward goodness and not fear. And I have to trust in the Lord.

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Demolishing Strongholds
God doesn’t call us to trust our feelings. He calls us to trust Him. "Blessed is the woman who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.” That reminder comes from Jeremiah 17:7 and I just love it!


So, at the end of this blog post, I still don’t have answers to my problems. Well, I say, “problems,” but seriously. I have opportunities to find ways to deal with issues in life. I need to believe and act like I’m a child of God and accept my inheritance. I’ll continue to pray that I’ll understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for me, since I believe Him. I have access to the same power that raised Jesus from the dead and brought him to sit next to God. It’s my hope that we can remember this together and continue celebrating the hope of Easter even after the blooms have faded.  

Comments