Naked and Free

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Naked and Free

That time when you're looking in your mirror after cleaning your face and you wonder how you can look so different from earlier in the day. Blemishes and lines now abound, and dark shadows are seen looming underneath naked lids. It's amazing how a headband and no makeup can suddenly make you feel like you belong under a bridge warming your hands by a barrel fire.  

The exaggeration last a few seconds, and then I remember to be thankful for a warm home and a rewarding job. And I praise the Lord for loving me know matter how scary I look without highlighters and concealers. 

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Naked and Free

Taking off my makeup forces me to come face to face with my nakedness and it's here in this moment when I have to decide if I'm going to be naked and free or naked and not enough. Left to my own devices, my shortcomings bubble up easily in a tub of comparisons. 

But, when I choose to see myself through the Word of God, my face brightens. I begin to reflect truth and true beauty. The dark circles and creases are still present, but now they are reminders of all the years filled with blessings and experiences that have molded my character. 

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: 2 Cor 3:18

Each day is an opportunity to see myself the way the Lord sees me. Each night that I remove my cover of blush, shadow, and gloss, I'm humbled and thankful for for the love God has for me. What do you see in the mirror after removing the film of the day? It's my prayer that you can fully grasp the beauty that is reflected back at you.

Comments