Lemon, Mint, Cucumber Water

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Detox Waters
So, my current fav drink is ice water infused with lemon slices, cucumber slices, and mint leaves. I have never loved water so much! I recently hosted a Make-and-Take and one of the things we mixed up was this refreshing beverage. There are TONS of ideas for detox waters on Pinterest, but I chose this recipe for a number of reasons:
  • Promotes clearer and healthier skin
  • Aids in weight loss
  • Trims tummy fat
  • LOVE lemon, cucumber, and mint!
  • It looks pretty
  • Had lemons and cucumbers in the fridge
Just the fact that I'm drinking lots of water makes me happy. 

After deciding on a water beverage, I decided to look up the benefits of each component. Here's what I found!

Lemon: flushes toxins, aids digestion, boosts the immune system, and rejuvenates skin.

Cucumber: Flushes toxins, fights inflammation, aids digestion

Mint: Aids digestion, eases stomach aches, fights depression

The Gut Health Project has lots of information about other fruits and herbs to add to your water.

This treat for natural beauty is easy to mix up and the benefits are numerous. I'd love to hear about what other detox waters you have tried and your experiences with them!


Comments