Detox your mind

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Detox your mind
I've been drinking a lot more water lately. I didn't realize how little water I was getting until I started drinking half my body weight in ounces, and sipping nine cups of water will keep anyone busy! The only reason I've been able to do this involves a lemon, an apple, a cucumber and mint. 

After pinning lots of smoothie recipes, Pinterest pushed detox water posts in my feed. All the pictures looked so refreshing and healthy! After finding out that there are limitless ways and reasons to freshen up water, I decided on one. And now I can't put it down!

What is detox anyway? I'd read about detoxing the body while I was on the 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse. So, I had a general idea. Something about cleaning stuff out and getting healthy. Here's what I found:
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Definition of Detox

So, detox is a time in which toxic substances are not used and the body gets rid of these toxic substances. 

I realized that when I was on the green smoothie cleanse, I was able to cut sugar and coffee out of my diet. That's not the case now, but that's an example. I guess because I was filling up with fruits, veggies, whole grains and proteins, my body didn't feel like it was lacking anything. It always had something to digest and use for nourishment. 

Our bodies aren't the only thing that need a detox every now and then. Have you ever detoxed your mind? It's not a casual decision. Your answer will either be yes or no.
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Detox with truth
During this season of Lent, I invite you to take a look at what you're putting into your mind. Ideas, thoughts, images, media, literature, worry, etc. I can say this because it's something I have to guard against and ensure every day. It's not a judgement, it's an invitation to join me in abstaining from toxic and unhealthy thoughts. 

I learned from my 10 Green Smoothie Cleanse that it's not enough to just cut out preservatives, artificial sweeteners, and processed foods. I would have failed if that was the extent of it. In addition to identifying foods that were causing me to stumble, I had to replace bad habits with healthy alternatives. 
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Detox your mind
My healthy alternatives to negative thinking come from the Bible. Here are a few of the truths that I allow my mind to process each day:

  • I'm blessed because I trust in the Lord
  • My confidence comes from God
  • I can trust the Lord fully
  • God loves me unconditionally
  • I am wonderfully made by God
  • My arms are strong for the tasks God has given me
  • The Lord leads and guides me during uncertain times
  • God is with me wherever I go
  • I can experience the peace of God 
  • God knows every single thing about me and still loves me
I have to be extremely intentional about this, or I will default to focusing on my weaknesses, fears, worries, insecurities, and a whole slew of unhealthy ideas. 

Will you make time this month to join me in a detox of your mind? What will you remove from your thinking and what are you going to fill your mind with? 

I'd love to hear about your detox experience!




Comments