Ginger Almond Biscotti


The ginger zazzles on your tongue even moments after the biscotti is gone. The fresh juice from an orange partners wonderfully with the almonds to create a festive combination in your mouth. Dunking this treat in chai tea was the ultimate experience for me this week! 

So, I've really benefitted from doing the smoothie thing for breakfast and lunch, and then having lean protein with a salad for dinner. I've had my eye out for a tasty biscotti recipe that was also gluten free. I think I hit the jackpot with this one!

This recipe will appease your gluten free as well as normal friends, alike. It's delicious no matter who eats it. I used quite a few new ingredients, and I wasn't sure how this batch would turn out. I'll be making these again soon. 

I adapted this recipe from another blog called Running to the Kitchen.

Here's what you need to grab:
3 cups almond flour
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
Juice from 1 large orange
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
1/2 cup chopped almonds
handful of cacao nibs

Preheat oven to 350 and spread one tablespoon of grape seed oil over the pan. Wipe excess with a paper towel. 

Combine flour, starch, salt, and soda in a food processor. Pulse a few times until combined. Add in orange juice, honey, extract and pulse until a ball of dough forms. Add in ginger and pulse a few. 

Put dough in a large bowl and add in almonds and nibs. 

Divide dough in half and put onto baking sheet. Form two logs about 10 inches long and 3 inches wide. 

Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges start to brown. 

Remove from oven and let cool for about 45 minutes. Lower temperature to 275.

Slice biscotti diagonally. Make them as thin or as thick as you want. 

Place biscotti on their side and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip onto other side and bake about 10 minutes. 

Enjoy with your favorite hot beverage! Let me know how your biscotti turn out and what you dunk them in!

Comments