The mystery of essential oils scared me off

It was this time last year that I decided to enter the mysterious world of essential oils. I noticed lots of normal people using them for general wellness, and saw a bunch of moms posting on Facebook how the oils were helping their kids and husbands. 

I'm a very cautious person, so I spent hours and hours learning all I could about essential oils from the internet, since everything you read on the web is true. I also checked out books from the library and talked to several neighbors who were actively using essential oils. They said words like, "diffusing, carrier oils, neat application, and aroma." I began to feel overwhelmed and out of my comfort zone. 

After my research and informal interviews, I narrowed my port of entry into EOs (I found out that's what the pros call the oils) down to two prominent essential oil companies. In the end, I chose one company over the other for two reasons. One, I liked their Seed to Seal guarantee. Basically, I'd be getting the highest quality essential oils that were carefully grown from a seed and finally sealed with purity in mind. Secondly, education is a priority with Young Living. I felt relieved that I didn't have to stay ignorant about what essential oils are or how to use them. 

Young Living's website has a wealth of information in the form of videos, PDFs, a blog, and slide shows. When I became an independent distributor, I was flooded with resources in the form of books, online discussions, and tutoring from other members who were knowledgeable about these liquid things from plants. 

I now use essential oils for moisturizers, aches and pains, headaches, focus, staying healthy, making my house smell good, stress, and many other things. The oils don't seem so mysterious any more, and the best part is sharing them with my family and friends. 

Comments