Ways to help with flooding in SC

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Flooding in SC
So, my sister-in-law from Irmo was planning on coming up last Saturday to attend a festival with us.  My mother-in-law was planning on driving up today to spend the weekend here and visit Sky Top Apple Orchard for a hayride and apple cider. All that came to a halt last week when the Midlands and Low country of South Carolina experienced record rainfall flooding. 

I am thankful that my family is safe and sound, and they have not experienced damage to their homes. A boil advisory and temporary loss of power were the worst conveniences they experienced. Although I missed seeing my family and hanging out with them, it will be easy to reschedule events or make other plans. 
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Flooding in SC
It will not be that simple for so many residents of this state. Governor Nikki Haley has declined many times to offer an estimated cost for the damage, instead calling the figure "disturbing." Many people from my church already have donated supplies and funds through the Three Rivers Baptist Association, but I wanted to offer other ways to help people affected by the rains and flooding. Here are some websites that will allow you to assist in the recovery effort

SC Emergency Management Division

United Way of Sumter

Red Cross in columbia

There was a ray of sunshine, though, in our rainy weekend. My sister-in-law from Charlotte was able to drive west on 85 with just a little drizzle. We all enjoyed watching the game, eating pizza, and hanging out in our dry house. 

Comments