Coconut Oil Moisturizer

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: coconut moisturizer
This was the last bit of my moisturizer before I refilled my jar. I love the silky feel of coconut oil and how it makes my skin feel so soft and healthy. I started using coconut oil as a moisturizer after I made lotion bars. While searching for a recipe for lotion bars on Pinterest, I found out that coconut oil by itself can be used to moisturize skin. I remembered seeing the big tub of it at Costco, and made a mental note to pick up a container the next time I went.
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Coconut Oil

I had recently run out of my Mary Kay TimeWise Repair serum that came in my set from Tara, and thought, "Why not?" A small glass jelly jar works well for storing the coconut oil. This was about the same time I became interested in using essential oils, and I was thrilled that I had lavender and frankincense on hand, since I qualify as having "mature skin." I mixed up a few drops of Young Living frank and lavender into the oil and waited for the magic to work. 
I don't look ten years younger, but my skin feels great. Plus, I like knowing that I'm using an all natural product in my skin care routine. I've given a few of these jars away as gifts and my family and friends have loved them!

Enjoy this treat for natural beauty, knowing that you are beautifully and wonderfully made!




Comments