Creating a Naturally Healthy Home using Essential Oils

beautybwb.blogspot.com
I was able to combine two of my favorite things this past weekend: hosting and essential oils. I held my first Essential Oils 101 class at my house where the basics of essential oils were explained. We covered what are essential oils, how do they work, how do you use them, and what systems they can support. 

Basically, an essential oil is the liquid that is found within many shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes and seeds that is usually extracted through steam distillation.
Understanding and explaining how they work can be difficult, but then again, I can’t fully explain how Tylenol or Motrin or Lexapro brings relief. I have a general idea of how the OTC drugs work and I also have an overall idea of how EOs function in the body. Most of my research comes from Essential Oils Pocket Reference by Life Science Publishing. So, when you inhale a fragrance, the airborne molecules travel to the smell center of the brain and that triggers signals to the taste center, the amygdala (where emotional memories are stored), and other parts of the limbic system. The limbic system is directly connected to those parts of the brain that control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress levels, and hormone balance. It’s easy to see why oils can have such psychological and physiological effects. 
beautybwb.blogspot.com
There are three schools of application when it comes to how essential oils are used. The English model applies oils to the skin along with a carrier oil, such as grape seed oil. The French model advises applying oils by themselves to the skin as well as ingesting them. The German model favors inhalation only. I lean toward the English and German models. 

Essential oils can be used for many different things. I was able to share what I use the EOs for, as well as point out the uses for other oils. My biggest reason for trying essential oils was to create a naturally healthy home. I wanted to incorporate natural solutions to my cleaning routine, beauty and hygiene products, and help with relaxation and moods. And that’s exactly what I’ve been able to accomplish with essential oils. The number one cleaning product I’d recommend is Thieves Cleaner. I clean my entire house with it-cabinets, counters, furniture, floors, walls, etc. I also like to make my own all-purpose and bathroom cleaner. In the health and beauty realm, I’ve made face moisturizer, hand lotion, lotion bars, bug spray, sugar scrub, room freshener, skin enhancer, and wellness support. 
beautybwb.blogspot.com
Besides using essential oils, I’m also an Independent Distributor for a great oil company. Sales is not my thing. In fact, Woo was the very last category on my Strength Finder Assessment! Instead, I enjoy sharing my desire and methods to create a naturally healthy home with friends and family. I'd love to hear what questions you have about essential oils or how you currently use them!


Comments