Excuses, excuses

It appears that the more fat I have, the better I write. Who would have thought that my weight is directly proportional to the frequency and quality of my writing? I have to blame my scribbling lull on something, right? I have not been inspired to write much this summer, and I’m not going to barf up lame content just to meet a quota. There was a time a couple weeks ago when I thought, “Wow, what is up with my blog?!” I thought I would give you a glimpse into what has been happening during my blog hibernation. 

1. I’m eating. A lot. I’ve lost 14 pounds so far and it takes time and brain power to prepare and then actually eat breakfast, lunch, a snack, dinner, and an indulgence. 

2. I’m doing things instead of documenting and writing about doing things. I’ve deep cleaned, purged, organized, rearranged, and maximized space in my home. It feels so fresh and enlivened. 

3. Two week summer day camp to-and-from transportation. Enough said.

4. I traveled to Ohio to see my family and I didn’t even touch my laptop. I just love spending time with family during our visits there.

5. My writing energy has been used up on my personal Bible study. I love drawing closer to the Lord by learning what his Word says. Applying scripture principles and truth requires reflection and application. There are seasons when you just spend more time in the Word, and this was one of them. 

Sometimes, it’s good to take a break from things and then press restart. The fresh perspective can be inspiring. There’s beauty in knowing when to take a break and then, start again. 

Comments