Organizing Junkie

I love to organize! Baskets, crates, and containers of various sizes and colors keep my house organized and clean. Purging, sorting, and orderly placing of things bring me great joy and serves as a stress reliever. If you are an organizing junkie, you know exactly what I mean. If not, this may boggle your mind. Nevertheless, making an area look good is just as important to me as efficiently using space. My boys love to come home from school and flop their backpacks on the floor right by the door, as well as slipping off their shoes (without untying them!) and leaving them in a pile. We have a front porch shoe rack as well as a garage shoe rack. I thought about buying a bench with cubbies to replace our baker’s rack, which has become our backpack and shoes rack. After looking at home furniture stores and the price tags on the beloved items, I decided to find a way to use our baker’s rack to accommodate the boys’ belongings. I’m thrilled with the results. 




After donating coats, hats, and gloves, our hall closet became much easier to use.

What is the hardest area to keep organized? What’s your best organizing success?

Comments