What Is All this Fuss about Amino Acids?


As a way to work on my goal of losing weight, I decided to work out six days a week. Four days during the week, and then on the weekend. Toward the end of the first week, I was too tired and sore to get off the couch. My whole body hurt and I couldn't convince myself to go back to the gym. 

I remembered listening to a podcast where amino acids were referenced as a way to help muscle recovery after workouts. I searched Young Living's website to see what they offered and I found AminoWise, an amino acid supplement. I put that in my Essential Rewards monthly box and waited for it to arrive. Meanwhile, bending, turning, and lifting things reminded me of previous workouts. I used my time to find out more about amino acids.

Amino acids are the basic building blocks of the body. They are the precursors to enzymes and neurotransmitters. This allows them to regulate almost all of the metabolic processes of the body. For example, muscle tissue consists of proteins, and their building blocks are amino acids. 
Other facts I learned about Amino Acids:
  • Essential for growth, recovery, and maintenance of all muscle tissue
  • Support muscles during and after exercise
  • Help fight fatigue and enhance recovery
  • Reduces lactic acid that comes from working out
Do your own research with these two sites:

The day it arrived, I scooped the powder into a cup and watched fairy dust float into the air. I quickly learned the value of a shaker bottle to mix the wolfberry lemonade goodness around. Then, I remember a few days later waking up and thinking, "I'm not sore!" You know when you've felt a certain way for a while and then you suddenly realize you don't feel the same? Yes! It worked! 

Not being so sore has helped me amp up my workout routine. You wouldn't believe this unless you saw it, but I've been going to the gym before school. When it's still dark. And still morning. Then, I'm walking and toning after school. The results are steadily showing up, and I'm grateful for the energy and health that AminoWise provides. 


I know I could have gone to a nearby store or ordered this from Amazon, but I trust YL as a company that offers all-natural and top-quality products. I get my laundry detergent, shower bars, make-up, and much more from them, so I wasn't disappointed when I learned that there are no preservatives, synthetic colors, artificial flavors, added sugars, or artificial sweeteners. 

I used to be able to workout with just a few aches and not much fuss. I worked out and went on with my day. I'm chalking this one up to "Fun in Your Forties." AminoWise is one supplement I'm keeping in my monthly wellness box.

I would love to cheer you on and help get you AminoWise at at a great price. Leave a comment or contact me for encouragement and support. 


Tricia Johnson
Young Living Consultant 
Member Number 2098608

Comments