What's In Your Makeup?


For many people dabbling in natural health and beauty solutions, makeup seems to be the last frontier for alternative solutions. I know that's how it went down for me. I've been working on ridding toxins from my cleaning supplies, laundry, air fresheners, pet grooming and lotions. It wasn't until recently that I began thinking about my skin care and makeup routine. 

Like many other women, I wanted to have skin like a Friends model, so I use a certain face moisturizer. Then, some of my friends sell makeup from different companies and I want to support them, so I have a few pieces here and there. I haven't been too aggressive in my research involving makeup options because I just don't like spending a lot of time in the morning on my face.

It's funny. At the end of the school year, I remarked to some of my teacher friends that I wish I knew of natural skin care and makeup options. Less than a month later, Young Living released Savvy Minerals, their line of all-natural and chemical free makeup! Did you hear that?! Needless to say, I was thrilled!

Since I'm already a wholesale member with Young Living, I can receive Savvy Minerals for 24% off the retail price. Think of it like a Costco membership. I just ordered mineral powder and lip gloss and I'm looking forward to getting those in the mail soon!

I wanted to just quickly glance at some of the ingredients that are in drugstore and beauty counter makeup. I'd rather not look, but let's just see...
Talc, bizmuth, nano-particles, parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, synthetic fragrance, dyes, gluten, synthetic color and more. Don't take my word for it, though. Go to Environmental Working Group's website. Their mission is to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment. Put in your current makeup and you'll get a potential health hazard rating. Or download the Think Dirty App. You can scan your makeup and then find out what's in it and why you should run as fast as you can from it.

It feels good to now have an option for makeup from a company that I know and trust. I'd love to continue the conversation about natural health and beauty with you!

Start your journey with Young Living here!

Comments