DIY gift for mom and a scrub for you!

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub
Mother's Day is tomorrow, and my heart is full of joy as I anticipate honoring my mom and celebrating with my family. I am grateful for this moment in time when I can still hug my boys every day and call my mom on the phone, just to talk. If you asked her, she'd say I need to call more often! The busyness of days frequently robs me of that simple treat. 

Living in South Carolina while my mom is in Ohio means that I don't get to see her as often as I'd like. Social media has been a great way to bridge that space, but there's nothing like sitting across from someone and just talking.

Add a cup of coffee to that conversation, and it's gonna be good! Mom and I take turns making a pot of coffee at my sister's home whenever we all get together. My sister graciously resists rolling her eyes at the massive consumption of light roast, sugar, and creamer that occurs for a week straight. 

Coffee. That's our thing. It's what brings us together, even when we're miles apart. Mom and I like to have "coffee talk" over the phone every now and then. She'll text me a good time to chat and we'll both sip our drinks while sharing the latest news. We've shared laughs, stories, tears, frustrations, joys, and love over the phone, over coffee. 

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Happy Mother's Day!
So, as a way to honor mom, I'm sharing with you today a super easy DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub. You probably have all of the ingredients already in your pantry. I've made sugar scrubs before, but adding the coffee really amps up the exfoliation factor. I've seen recipes like this on Pinterest and scoffed at the claims to smooth, firm and tighten, until I tried it! You will love how soft and smooth your hands are.

Right now, I'm using this mostly for my hands and feet. It's a great scrub to get ready for a manicure and pedicure. But, I've also read that it is great for reducing the appearance of cellulite. More on that in another post!

Okay, here's what you'll need for Mom's Coffee Sugar Scrub:
1 cup Dunkin Donuts ground coffee (or any coffee!)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: One cup of ground coffee


Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Love brown sugar!


Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Coconut oil

So, initially I only added 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Sometimes these scrubs can get too oily. The mixture was too crumbly, so I added 1/4 cup more coconut oil. 

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Coffee Sugar Scrub

This is much better!

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Coffee Sugar Scrub

Stir all ingredients well in a large bowl and spoon into an airtight container. This recipe fills two small canning jars. To use, wet your skin and then apply a spoonful to the desired area. Massage for a minute or so. You will love how this feels! After the bliss, rinse with water and pat dry. 

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: This smells so good!

These labels will fit the lid of a mason jar or canning jar. You could whip up this thoughtful gift in fifteen minutes or less!

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Mother's Day Labels


Mom and I get together over coffee, whether in person or over the phone. But the real bond between us is love. On this Mother's Day, I celebrate the gift of a mother's love. 

May you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Comments