Keep your makeup away from your pillow

beauty begins with biscotti: make up remover and cleanser

I am horrible about taking off my make up at night. Well, at least I was until I started using these cleaning cloths. I know I should take off my makeup, but it usually doesn't happen. When I do take the 1 1/2 minutes to get my face clean, I just use coconut oil and a washcloth. But, that stains my washcloths and I don't like to use bleach. So, this is my solution for cleaning my face, taking off make-up, and dealing with my laziness! This took me five minutes to make, and it smells so clean! My face feels toned, cleaned, and fresh. I love how my skin feels now when I wake up.

Here's what you need:
26 cotton rounds
1/2 cup distilled water
1/2 t castille soap
3 T witch hazel
2 drops vitamin E
5 drops lavender 
4 drops tea tree oil
2 drops frankincense 
mason jar

Here's what you do. Put half of the cotton rounds in the jar. Combine all liquid and pour half of the liquid over the rounds. Place other half of rounds in jar. Next, pour remaining liquid over rounds. Close lid and shake. 

I can only recommend the highest quality essential oils for this project. Purity and quality are the reasons you'll only need a few drops of each EO for this recipe. Lavender is used to treat many skin conditions. Frankincense helps to smooth wrinkles and improve the feel of skin. I was surprised to find tea tree oil in this mixture and wondered if it would burn my eyes. After a month of using this every night, I can see why Mel A is a part of this solution. It cleans and tones my skin and tightens my pores. 

I love to pass along effective and simple beauty solutions, with the key word being simple. You will absolutely LOVE this cleanser. Let me know how it's working for you! 

Comments