Jojoba and Almond Cuticle Oil

Image from www.completehealthnews.com

My nails were gross and I had to do something about it! I have a nervous habit of sliding my fingers together absentmindedly, so my dry skin and thick cuticles were getting worse each day. I might remember to rub lotion on my hands from my morning routine, but by lunch, my nails were unsightly. Well, okay, not that bad, just really dry.

I have never used jojoba oil before and recently realized I was saying it wrong. It's not Jojo like in the Beatles song, instead it's pronounced hoho-ba. I've seen it as an ingredient in lots of health and wellness recipes and figured I could use it for other things. I found this one on Amazon.
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Cuticle Oil

So, sweet almond oil, which is different from almond oil, was already in my pantry. I hosted a Make and Take at my house in November and needed sweet almond oil for Peppermint Body Butter. Hmmm, that stuff smells and feels so good! I purchased the sweet almond oil and dropper bottle from Amazon as well. I don't get any money from mentioning them, I'm just telling you where I found my stuff!

You can find Vitamin E oil at the Walmart Neighborhood Market in the vitamin aisle. 
Get your Vitamin E oil at Walmart Neighborhood Market

I purchased the Cedarwood and Lavender essential oils from Young Living, the best way to get essential oils. I was surprised to see Cedarwood in this recipe. I've only used it for sleep and cause it smells good. So, I knew lavender was great for healing skin and it turns out that Cedarwood has an ability to smooth the look of skin. I love how this combination smells, so when I found that I can combine it in lotion for my nails, I was game. 
It took me five minutes to mix this up. Here's what you do:

Mix these in a glass bottle with a dropper:
40 drops sweet almond oil
40 drops jojoba oil
4 drops vitamin E oil
4 drops lavender essential oil
4 drops cedarwood essential oil
I usually use a 1:4 ratio of essential oils to carrier oils, but I thought I'd just try this dilution. It's perfect! It has that woodsy, calming scent, but it's not overpowering. As an added bonus, I noticed my nails seemed to be stronger. 

Let me know how healthy and good your nails look after using this easy to make cuticle oil!

Comments

  1. Coconex Oil is owned & marketed by Nexa Lifesciences. Nexa Lifesciences has been operating in the pharmaceutical industry for over 5 decades now, having introduced & successfully marketed numerous products. The vision is, to constantly innovate & develop products which promote health & well being of our consumers. For more information or questions please contact us through our contact us page.Coconex oil is pure virgin cold pressed coconut oil which is enriched with goodness of jojoba oil, Aloevera, Vitamin A & Vitamin E. It naturally moisturizes your skin & also helps remove dead cells; strengthening the tissues present underneath the skin. Infused with the sweetness of strawberries and the irresistible fragrance calms & soothes your senses for the day.

    For More Info Visit : jojoba and coconut oil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment