Relaxing Lavender Bath Soak

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Lavender Bath Salts

Winter began on Tuesday, December 22nd and I was glad to see the solstice come, as it promised longer hours of daylight. Although I’m a Capricorn, I love the energy I get from the warmth of the sun. The early sunsets can leave me feeling cheated out of a day and unproductive.

I’m looking forward to snow that sticks and sledding in our hilly neighborhood. Growing up in Ohio afforded me an entire season and more of white fluff, but it cannot be guaranteed in South Carolina. So, I’m just crossing my fingers for the chance to build Frosty.

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: On the way to Ohio 2013


Short days, long nights, clouds and cold weather can leave me feeling blue and confined. Coffee, chai tea, writing and reading chase the doldrums, but sometimes I need a burst of freshness or a spark of newness to recharge during the winter months.

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Where it all happens

 One thing I’ve found that has helped me to feel refreshed and energized, especially during this season, is soaking in a bath of Epsom salt, baking soda, and lavender essential oil. I am not a bath person at all, but the benefits of a lavender soak are undeniable. I just FEEL better afterwards, which is enough of a reason to continue the routine, but I also gain focus, a grounding calm, relief from constipation, and greater joint mobility.

Photo credit: Young Living Essential Oils Flickr

Lavender bath soaks are inexpensive to make and convenient, so you can see why I incorporate them into my days. I usually take a detox bath once a week during the winter month, and always follow the lavender soak with a shower. Not sure why, but I just feel like I need to get all the stuff off of my skin.

Here’s my recipe for a Relaxing Lavender Bath Soak. I like to keep the ingredients premixed in a canning jar for easy dispensing. If I had to mix it every time, I just wouldn’t take a bath!

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Young Living Lavender Bath Soak

I’d love to hear how this Lavender Bath Soak helps you this winter. Try it out and let me know!

Comments