Almost gluten-free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

Beauty Begins with Biscotti: almost gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Who doesn't love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? My family absolutely loves them! They're a great treat when packed in my boys' lunch boxes, as an after school snack, or even dessert. Even though we try to eat healthy, we all still love warm, homemade cookies. This is my attempt to not feel as guilty when I eat one!
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: almost gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
So, I noticed about six months ago that when I cut down on my consumption of gluten, my waistline shrinks as well! Since then, I've been experimenting with recipes and this one is definitely a keeper. Three-fourths of the flour is buckwheat and only a fourth is whole-wheat flour. I read buckwheat can't really be used as the sole flour in baking recipes, but this ratio seems to work well. I also substituted Sugar in the Raw natural turbinado sugar for white refined sugar. I've been using the basic recipe for years, and only recently I've switched the sugar and flour with promising results. 
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Bob's Red Mill Buckwheat flour
Of course, this cannot be used with people who are truly gluten intolerant, but for those wanting to trim their share of gluten, for whatever reason, this recipe is worth a try. Let me know how your batch turns out!
Beauty Begins with Biscotti: Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies



Comments