Make room for your mess

BeautyBeginsWithBiscotti: Organizing Pictures
This is what my dining room table has looked like the past three days. See the basket? It was stuffed with pictures, awards, drawings and the like. You are witnessing the beginning of my latest project. Turning pictures into treasures.

Pictures is one of those things I have always struggled with. My home doesn't have a lot of pictures or photo collages on the walls. My boys each have an adorable baby album, but no more. Remember scrapbooking? The money, the hours, the just right paper, the matching stickers... 

The whole thought of taking my pictures and making them just right simply overwhelmed me. I'm not the same easily scared-away, insecure, afraid to make a mistake woman I used to be, so I am trying pictures again. This time I am making online photo books and placing my memories in frames with the realization that my walls will look perfect no matter how I align each one.

I am happy to tell you that the table is now cleared. My photos are sorted and organized, ready to be scanned, or matted for perfection display. Bringing beauty to our lives means that we are willing to make time and room for our mess. 


Comments