Inspiring Ladies Interview: Crissy Kemp


Inspire. My Word for the year. It's a desire of mine to inspire women by highlighting the passions and achievements of fellow women. What a delight it is for me to highlight one of my dear friends. 

I first met Crissy at church years ago. Her family jumped right into serving in various capacities. She always has open arms and a welcoming smile. One thing that stands out for me is Crissy's refusal to sit comfortably. I've seen her evolve into a leader of women and yearn for intimacy with God. She has used her pursuits as a small business woman to bring others closer to the Lord. I was able to talk with Crissy recently about how she inspires women through her ministries and businesses. I think you'll enjoy our conversation as much as I did.
Tell me a little about your ministries:
I work with the Homeless Period Project and help provide feminine hygiene products to school-age girls. Getting your period in elementary school can be a scary thing. Some girls do not attend school during their period because they do not have the necessary products. I provide to all the schools in Pickens County. I am also the Director of Women's Ministry at Freedom Fellowship Church. 



I know you're a small business owner. Can you tell me about that?
So, I help me husband with the administration of his construction company. I am also a Virtual Assistant to several ladies who are in the Direct Sales business. I also run a Pop-up Boutique on Facebook, called A Bit of Southern Sass. 

How do you use your businesses and ministries to bring women closer to God?
    I try to help women by encouraging them, by loving them, and by living by example. I take advantage of opportunities on social media to encourage women. My main job as a Virtual Assistant is to celebrate and encourage women in their businesses on Facebook. 
    In my boutique, I focus on selling products that are faith-based, such as jewelry and t-shirts. I also sell dresses and clothes that are fashionable, yet modest. I am very particular in the clothing that I choose to showcase. When I started my boutique, I knew beforehand that I wanted the items to represent a woman of God. I wanted to lead by example. 
    I don't always get it right because I still live with a sinful nature. I am trying to live like a woman of God. He always calls me back and convicts my heart when I am not living like I should be. I just love that we all get "do-overs!"



What lessons has God taught you that you like to share with fellow women to encourage and inspire them?
    I think the biggest lesson God has taught me is that your past does not define who you are today. I am not proud of some of my past decisions. I am grateful that God has brought me through them and that He has redeemed me. God never changes, but the Lord continues to change me. God sent his son to earth for me, and that changes everything! God is my father in heaven, He is my best friend, and he is always glad to hear from me! The coolest thing is that He is never too busy for me. No matter what I am going through, I can talk to Him. His advice has never led my astray. 
    I just want women to know that if God can use a woman like me, then He can use anyone! If a broken past and repetitive mistakes don't disqualify me, then, girl, go get you some Jesus! He's waiting for you!

Is there scripture you'd like to share with women?
The things in life we go through are part of God's plan, so that He can grow us to be more like Him. As long as we keep our focus on God and rely on Jesus to carry us, God will strengthen us and use us as an example to grow and encourage others. 

Contact Crissy via email ckchick@yahoo.com


Comments